Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Guns N' Roses full of hype

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Seventeen years to produce THIS! But it's not ready yet!" I am, of course, referring to latest release of new material by the once mighty band, and I've got to say that I suspect that the only one who believes that it could live up to the hype is GN'R front man Axl Rose (more like Chubby Magoo and a bunch of guys who aren't Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven, amirite?).

And I'm not making this up, either. I've pulled it from an online source, Yahoo. Here it is: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/22500/week-ending-nov-30-2008-wests-numbers-head-south/

So, you can decide for yourself and see that I'm not just pulling crap out of my ass, either. There are other, older bands that have done better. They've done better because they've learned to pull together, if only for the paycheck at the end. And, let's not forget, they never let a thing like sociopathic egotism get in the way of making a good album. There's nothing wrong with making a good album. It's promising to make an album consisting of the greatest songs in the world, and failing to even give us tributes, that will leave those who believed in you burned and reaching for the Preparation H.

Most anticipated album in the history of rock, my ass!

No comments: